Sometimes there are rocky places in the road along the hosting journey. If that happens, we’re here for you. You’ll find most of this information in your welcome packet once you’re approved as a host family, but we’re linking everything here as well to make information easier to find in a pinch.
When you need support, we always suggest working locally first, by contacting your school’s ASSIST representative. If you need additional support, don’t hesitate to contact ASSIST staff at 860-668-5706 as well!
To apply to become a host family, click here.
- Important Information and Understandings for ASSIST Students – J1 Visa Day Schools
- Information and Orientation for Host Families – J1 Visa Day Schools
- Important Information and Understandings for ASSIST Students – F1 Visa Day Schools
- Information and Orientation for Host Families – F1 Visa Day Schools
Most students opt to enroll in GeoBlue Worldwide Insurance through ASSIST to meet the health insurance requirement for their exchange year. These links should help file a claim if necessary. If students are covered by another organization, ASSIST will make sure you have the information you need.
- GeoBlue Worldwide Insurance Student Information Website
- GeoBlue Worldwide Insurance Description of Coverage for 2017/2018
- GeoBlue Worldwide Insurance Claim Form